Bad Advice on How to Pass the CISSP Exam
I read an article this morning. It was ridiculously long. I was scrolling and scrolling and scrolling, not through advice on how to pass the CISSP exam, as the title promised, but actual CISSP content and a lot of it. That’s not advice on how to pass the exam. It was content about what the CISSP certification is, mixed with the steps on how to take the exam. It was completely overwhelming and off-topic to its title.
To make things worse, the recommended books were outdated, which is a big no-no in the technology world.
Lest you think I’m biased toward my author’s book, let’s examine the facts.
The CISSP for Dummies book:
- Is going into 5th edition, because it sells
- Has the latest updates regarding the CISSP exam
- Is (ISC)2 approved
- Has awesome reviews and ranks well
Our step-by-step guide on how to pass the CISSP exam
- where to find the outline
- where to find the latest study guide
- where to register
- how to find a test center
- where to find a study group.
Step 1 Download the outline here. Scroll down. Page appears empty at the top.
Step 2 Purchase or rent a study guide.
Study, study, study.
- Read the book
- Use Flashcards
- Go to the Study Tips section in the book
- Join a CISSP Study Forum
Find a test center.
Schedule your exam here.
Pass, then celebrate.
Source: How to Pass the Test